Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Florence, Italy

Default Re: Tuscany Accommodation

There is a bike rental in San Donato called Corradino from which you can rent bikes!
    You can ask Maria at Palazzo Malaspina to help you in case you want to reserve them ahead of time - although I don't think you should have problems, it is always best to indicate your interest so that they can make sure they will have bikes on hand!

So from there you could organize your own bike wine tasting tour, maybe reserving at some places for cellar tours and at others maybe just wine tastings? I've taken a tour or two in Chianti and I remember one had stops at 3 different wineries... not being used to spitting and all, I drank way too much wine!! By the end of the day, I also had a bit of a headache even if I was in high spirits I also wasn't riding a bike so maybe you be the judge!

So like I said earlier, Fattoria Montecchio is very close to town, then there are others within 4km distance to choose from:
    Fattoria Casa Emma
    Fattoria Casa Sola (which also offers cooking classes)
    Fattoria La Ripa

If you want to bike further away from San Donato, I think the best thing would be to plan a route first and then look for wineries along that route where you can stop at (there are many). For example, the area between San Donato and Castellina is really beautiful so I'd recommend a route in that direction. Castellina is about 10 km away (20km round trip) so you could plan to get there as your destination and look for a winery close to San Donato, another half way there, another near Castellina ;-) Just some ideas!!
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Default Re: wine tasting near San Donato

Thanks again for all of the information! I have booked a tour at the Fattoria Montecchio and Arianna has been lovely. The Casolare di Libbiano cooking class has proven a bit difficult to book- do you have any other ideas for cooking classes in the area? We have also contacted Maria at Palazzo Malaspina and she said there is a place in town to rent bikes so we'll probably do our own thing!
    As always, thanks for your help!

Default Re: Tuscany Accommodation

Sorry I just saw this post! I will check out the cooking class

Share and Bookmark!