Help needed about where to stay for a long period of time in tuscany?

dmharbottle1

I'm 20 years old and the start of next year I want to move to Tuscany and travel around the different provinces busking with my guitar for a year or so. I don't really know where to start in terms of staying in one place for a month or so at a time, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Dave

Ciao Dave,

Let's assume you are an EU-citizen and can come to Italy for a year without having problems of being here illegally. Non EU-citizens can be here at most for 90 days without a specific visa that allows you to stay longer.

Italy is not a cheap country, monthly rents and food can get to be very expensive. University students in Florence have to room with several others to share living expenses so your best bet for living as economically as possible will be to look for students offering a bed in their apartment.... but most will want commitments of longer than a month.
In alternative, your best bet is to look into hostels where you'll have more flexibility to move on when you want.

Florence will be more expensive than other cities in Tuscany. Living expenses are lower in those that aren't highly visited. Avoid any in the Chianti area, for example. To be honest, I don't know much about busking - I've seen many street artists in Florence and some in Pisa but don't remember seeing any in other Tuscan cities. I wonder if they are less tolerated or just less common.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do!!