Accommodation ideas around Chianti/ Montepulciano

cb2010

Hi all,

I am looking to organise my holiday for next year and would love to spend approx 10 days in Tuscany, exploring the different villages and towns etc. We are a young family with 2 children aged 7 & 3 and would be looking for somewhere rustic but with sufficient facilities. I have come across lovely farmhouses & b&b's but would need somewhere to accommodate all of us. We will be hiring a car and plan on visiting Florence, Siena etc but will also be spending some much needed chill out time wherever we are based. I would also like confirmation that the area we have chosen is a good enough base for exploring.

Thank you in advance.

Caroline

Ciao Caroline,

I think a farmhouse with an apartment would be the ideal choice - that way you have more space and your own kitchen - with kids, it is often easier to fix your own breakfast that you know they'll eat but it also gives you the chance to make yourselves a few meals so you don't have to eat out every single day!

Since you have time for your planning, you can start by browsing through here to see what's available: http://tuscanyaccommodation.com/

I think Chianti would be a better idea than Montepulciano - Chianti is more central for day trips to Florence and Siena (and Pisa) while Montepulciano is in southern Tuscany and drives would be longer.

Most farmhouses have a pool and garden, so you can all definitely just relax at the accommodation and not be out all of the time.

Here are a few just to get you started, that also have childrens playgrounds:
Podere Casanova
Santa Maria Residence
Incrociata

Not in Chianti but still good choices:
Belforte
Fattoria il Lago

For the wine barrel racing this weekend!

Could you recommend a close-by place to stay for the wine barrel racing? fri/sat nights for 2 adults? Also, is anything related to Leonardo da Vinci closeby also? Would like approx a 3 star place. Thanks in advance, Ciao!

In the outskirts of Montepulciano you can try Agriturismo Le Caggiole. In the area but not in Montepulciano I'd recommend looking to see if Agriturismo Fonteleccino or Agriturismo Casa Baccano or Relais il Chiostro di Pienza have availability.

Since you're already here, you can just call them if you want immediate feedback on availability - otherwise, give them at least a few hours to reply by email.

If you want to book immediately without contacting the owners, you could use something like Booking.com - take a look here to see what is available.

An idea to stay in Montepulciano

Just to give an idea, I work in a spa hotel in Montepulciano. We can give you all information you need to discover Montepulciano, the countryside, the wine cellars, the restaurants.
Our hotel is Etruria Resort & Natural Spa, we offer a charming hotel in the green hills of Montepulciano, a spa and a restaurant.
Don't hesitate to visit our site or just contact us.

I'd like to post the website of Etruria Resort to let people know: www.etruriaresort.it/en.
It is not just advertising but if offers good ideas about places to visit or activities you can do and offers the opportunity to discover Montepulciano and surroundings before coming.