March 4, 2014, 08:34 PM
Family holiday in mid July
Hi Lourdes, we can't tell you how much we enjoy your website!!
We are a family of four (10 year old boy, 6 year old girl) and would really appreciate any input on a travel plan to Tuscany. We are thinking of spending our first few days in Rome then taking a train to Florence where we would hire a car for a week's stay at a farm house somewhere in Tuscany. I've read lots of great reviews on various locations and accommodation, but hoping we can find somewhere that meets the following criteria - on top of being nice and clean with a friendly host family
- swimming pool
- restaurant with great local food
- close enough to drive to a kid-friendly beach for a day trip
- would love to do a family cooking class - both kids love to help in the kitchen!
- relatively easy access to small towns to poke around
- nearby activities - horseback riding, biking, playground - just something to burn off gelato energy!
Any help/suggestions would be really appreciated
April 24, 2014, 09:01 AM