Where to base myself in Tuscany

kevinr

I'll be spending 5 to 7 days in Tuscany in August and am keen to hear people's opinions on the best places to stay.
I'm really keen to stay somewhere central that has some restaurants for dinner within walking distance of where I am staying, and is also a great base for short drives to all of the countryside villages and towns. It doesn't need to be easy for me to get to the bigger cities like Florence or Pisa as I've been lucky enough to go to them before and I don't expect to visit them again on this trip.
We are travelling as a couple and so don't need a big villa and we're just keen to see the rolling countryside, the small villages and towns, eat some great food and wine and soak up the quintessential Tuscany experience.
Many Thanks

Small places of the tuscan countryside

Buongiorno! here are some suggestions;
I don't know if you have seen Siena already, it is a wonderful town that offers a lot ... Piazza del Campo with its beautiful tower "Torre del Mangia", the Duomo, the museum "Santa Maria della Scala"...
Monteriggioni, very nice fortificated village where you have the opportunity to walk a short track of the medieval walls that are entirely surrounding the village. San Gimignano with its unique towers.
The little and quiet village of Sovicille and, after only 25 kms from Sovicille, the beautiful Abbey of San Galgano (next to it, the chapel with the sword in the stone!)...of course these are only some of the interesting places you can visit - there is a big choice!

A good base in Tuscany

Buongiorno,

One of the areas I love to travel around when I am exploring Tuscany is towards Montespertoli and Certaldo.

Just the other day I visited a small family run residence with self catering apartments called Santa Maria A place like this will give you the convience of being about an hour from any one of the main cities (Florence, Siena, Pisa) in the countryside, within walking distance to several restaurants, the possibility to really meet the owners and there is so much to see just within a 15 km radius.

Buon Viaggio