June 19, 2016, 05:53 AM
Apartment accommodation - which Tuscan city/town?
My husband and I will be traveling to Italy in May 2017 with our one-year-old daughter. Our intention is to hire a car and do day trips while basing ourselves at one accommodation location so we don't need to move all of our things - including the extra "stuff" you need for a one-year-old!
We're trying to work out where to base ourselves for seven nights with the following criteria:
1. Apartment accommodation with kitchen (so we can cook for our daughter)
2. Classic Tuscan town with some amenities and attractions we can walk to (historical buildings, restaurants, shops etc.)
3. Easy parking and access (for this reason we're thinking a smaller town and not Florence or Sienna both of which we've been to before)
4. Good location from which to explore the following: Florence, Luca, Sienna, Pisa, San Gimigano, Volterra, Pienza, Montalcino, Montepulciano
5. Our interests are history, food and wine
Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!
June 20, 2016, 05:48 PM
Where to stay in Florence
I would suggest you start by reading this article which talks about places that are especially kid friendly. - and that means not only having “stuff” for the kids, but also and environment where you as a parent can really enjoy your holidays !
The first three and number 7 really put you in a central area for all the day trips want to take!