www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Base for a 10 days trip

Default Base for a 10 days trip

Hello Guys,

I am planning to go to Tuscany in 20th March with my husband and my 1 year old baby boy for 12 days.
    We would like to rent a Tuscany house and stay there like a base to visit the Tuscany region. But I am really in doubt about what region should be the better to walk around by car with a baby.
    We were looking for a house in Gaiole in Chianti but I am afraid that could be a really small town and in this period everything could be closed.
    We wouldn't like to be in big citites (like Florence) but we would like to be in a strategic place to visit Montepulciano, Siena, Pisa, Pienza, Chianti and Firenze.
    Also a region that allow us to have dinner in a restaurant at night.
    Where should we rent a house?

Thanks!!!
    Carolina Cociolito

Default Base in Tuscany

Buongiorno,

Even in March you will find lots to do and see in Tuscany - a small town like Gaiole may not be a "happening" place, but restaurants and cafes will be open. And. It is a good position for the day trips you mentioned (except for Pisa which is a bit further away!)

I recently did a review on Fontanelle, which might be an interesting solution since they have an on-site restaurant.

As is B&B Giglio - because even though it is a Bed and breakfast, it has a kitchen for you to use.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Default Thanks

Donna Denise,

Thanks for your answer. Do you recommend to Split in two cities or be in a another one?

Default Yes - two bases

Ciao -

if you are here for 10 days then I would suggest that you divide your time in the city (Florence or Siena or even Pisa...)

and then part of your stay in the countryside. This way you get a feel of the two different environments. Even three.. 2 days in Florence, 4 days in Chianti and 4 days in Val d'Orcia? for example.

Donna Denise.