fairs and events on August 2013

johanna0710

Hi, i'm planning to have a very short trip to Tuscany this coming august. I'm very much interested to witness and take-part in any fairs or events like the ones with a medieval concept. I might just have a day or 2 to explore this amazing region. So, would there be any fairs or events slated in August? Would greatly appreciate any assistance. I love taking photos and am really hoping i can go to any of these events in August.

Shall await your response soonest.

thank you so much and kind regards.

johanna

Definitely!! the big one in August in Tuscany is the one held in Volterra over 2 weekends which should give you a wider choice of dates. But there are also smaller medieval fairs such as the one in Sarteano on the 15th, the Palio in Siena on the 16th also has a medieval bent but does not entail reenactments or military campgrounds, the Volterra one on the 18th.... there is another the first weekend in Roccatederighi and the one in Montepulciano later in the month is also an interesting event. So there are several to choose from. Take a look at the events calendar for more details: Events in Tuscany