Anne Marie is offline Junior Member

Default Walking to Piazzale Michelangelo

Is it possible to walk from the Hotel Brunelleschi to Piazzale Michelangelo or would I have to take a bus. If so, which bus to I take. Thank you.

Lourdes is online now A Tuscan Expert

Ciao Anne Marie,

First, keep in mind that Florence is pretty small. The Hotel Brunelleschi is very central in the heart of the historical center. From here you can either walk up to the Piazzale or take the bus - although you'll need to walk a little to make it to the bus stop (for bus #13) that would take you up there.

You should read this post I had already answered about how to get up there - I had made a map to show the various walking routes you can take as well as show where the bus stops are - hope it is useful!
    How to get to Piazzale Michelangelo - walking or with bus. If you have any questions about the routes, feel free to ask!

p.s. you can also head to the SMN train station and get on bus #12 or 13 to get to Piazzale Michelangelo - it will take a while because it first goes around the city but you'll get to see more of the Florence that you would otherwise, even if it is from the bus windows!
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Anne Marie is offline Junior Member

Thank you. I would prefer to walk, as long as it is possible. Thanks again!

JMFell is offline Member

We did it in reverse as we stayed in the countryside and drove to piazzale micheangelo and walked into town twice

Share and Bookmark!