www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tourist Visa

Cool Tourist Visa

Hi there. I'm planning my first trip to Italy from the US. Would you please direct me to the organization I need to contact in order to request a tourist visa? To visit Florence and neighboring towns for ten days. Thank you!

If you're in the US, then you'd have to contact the nearest Italian consulate to where you live.

If you're a US citizen, you don't need to get the tourist visa before visiting Italy - as long are your visit doesn't last longer than 90 days, you can come without because there is an agreement between the US and Italy that allows their citizens to travel to the other country without the need for a tourist visa.

If you're not a US citizen, you can check online whether you need the tourist visa or not here:
    http://www.esteri.it/visti/home_eng.asp
    If you do, that page will also tell you which consulate you'll need to contact to apply.
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Default Thank you!

Yes, US citizen! This is great news, though I was looking forward to an Italian stamp in my passport.

Thank you for replying!

You do get stamps in the passport wherever they do passport checks, so if you fly into Italy directly you'll have an Italian stamp. But believe me, the Italian visas are a pain to get so much better this way! ;-)
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Default airport

Quick question, please. is the airport in Florence called Peretola?

Yes it is called Peretola! The one in Pisa is called Galileo Galilei, just in case it might be useful to know ;-)

Red face Paris and vaccinations

Lourdes

Thank you very much for all your help!

I have a couple more questions, please. My flight will stop in Paris for an hour or so, will they require a visa? (this might be a silly question, but it's difficult to find the answers in the official websites).

Also, does Italy or France require proof of immunizations? like a shot record?

I really appreciate that you have this forum and that you reply so promptly.

Grazie

You're right, there isn't generally a quick and easy Q&A for travel and many things you just learn along the way as you're doing them. So I can answer from personal experience from the many trips I've taken back and forth between the US and Europe and from living here now for over 12 years.

All of the EU countries (except for the UK) are also part of the Schengen area, which allows people to move across borders freely without the need for visas. This is for EU citizens, of course. But if you don't need a visa to visit the EU based on your citizenship, then all you're asked is to show your passport at the first place you land in. In your case, it will be in Paris.... and if from there you catch another plane to Italy, you won't have to show your passport again once you arrive here because you're already in the Schengen area!

So I can confirm no visa is required in Paris either for US citizens. And no European country has ever asked me to see proof of immunizations, ever!

Ah, that hour you think you have in Paris? It will barely be enough to make it from your plane, through passport control, to the shuttle bus to get to the next terminal, maybe an extra line of security and your plane will be boarding. So don't think you have lots of time in Paris, you really won't - be quick to move around so that you don't lose the connecting flight!

Default Thank you!

Whew!
    I'm so lucky to already have all that I need.

Thanks for the tip about changing planes in Paris. I will make sure I find my connecting flight first of all.

Thanks again!

Default B&B

Hi Lourdes!
    I'm getting a little overwhelmed about the accommodations. Would you recommend Florence Room B&B?
    So many places! I would like to be somewhat centralized, but also comfortable even if it costs a little more.

Thank you for you advice.

Share and Bookmark!