Florence for 2 nights

gucci1506

We are driving to Florence from Rome on the 28th September 2014 for 2 nights. We are staying at the Bel Duomo B&B which is in the no traffic zone of Florence.

The B&B have suggested a garage Giglio at Via Del Giglio, however this seems very expensive and apparently you can get fined alot if you are caught driving in the no traffic zone...I don't really want to have this hassle.

I have read lots of posts and web sites about public transport and parking lots in Florence and I am getting very confused as to which is the best parking lot in Florence to park a car for 2 nights.

What I am looking for is the most convenient parking lot that we can leave a car for 2 nights and the most straight forward public transport route to get to Bel Duomo.

Another option is taking a taxi from the parking lot to the closest point of the B&B

Can you help? We will have luggage! :)

You are really central on Via del Giglio, and I understand they suggested a parking garage right near them, that way with luggage you don't have to walk far. There are other options if you think it is too expensive, but most private garages downtown won't be cheap... even the public garages closest to you are the most expensive (the one under the SMN train station and under the San Lorenzo market). Take a look at the map here: http://www.visitflorence.com/florence-maps/parking-lots-in-florence.html

I'd suggest either going for the lot at the Fortezza (20 euros per day) which is still walking distance from you (about 1km, so like 12 min walking) or going a little further away and leaving the car at the Sansovino tram stop (the blue P near Giardino di Villa Strozzi). Since the tram takes you right from in front the lot to the SMN train station, walking with luggage will be minimized. The station to your street is like a 5 minute walk, about 300 meters (mapped on Google maps).

Ask your B&B whether they can still offer a 1 hour pass for the ZTL area so that you can drive in, drop off luggage and then go out to park.... if not, then the best bet is one of the above.