Visiting plan - Florence 3-5 may

Anca

Hi,

We will be arriving in Florence on the 3rd of May, at about 13:00. We would like to know if our visiting plan seems ok to you or maybe you have some suggestions. Here it is:
Sunday, May 3 (free museums as it is the 1st Monday) - Palazzo Pitti
Monday, May 4 - Santa Maria del Fiore, Santa Croce, Palazzo Vecchio
Tuesday, May 5 - Accademia, Uffizzi
What do you think? Would you change anything?
Do you have any idea how much time people spend on the queue to Uffizzi and Accademia in this time of the year?

Thank you!

It sounds like a very good plan, particularly heading to the Palazzo Pitti on the Sunday when the museums are free (it is bigger and there is more space ;) )
The waiting time at the Uffizi and Accademia can vary greatly right now, depending on the time of day but they are both popular museums... I think on the 3rd of May you could try not booking ahead of time, but suggest being at opening time and doing Accademia first in the morning, grab early lunch and then head to Uffizi around 1-2pm (when others are at lunch) so that you should have smaller queue.

Hi again,

Is it necessary to take a bus from Accademia to Uffizzi? I studied the map, but I'm not sure about the distances...
From what I can see, the Accademia opens at 8:15, so we should have our breakfast at the queue:D.

Thanks!

Last edited: