www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Rificolona/Lantern Festival/Sept. 7, 2015

Default Rificolona/Lantern Festival/Sept. 7, 2015

Online, I have found conflicting information on Rificolona. One webpage indicates: procession from Piazza Santa Felicita to Piazza SS. Annunziata passing through Piazza della Signoria. Another says the procession starts at Piazza Santa Croce. Both say the procession passes through Piazza della Signoria. Can anyone confirm where it starts, if it does pass through Signoria, and what time it begins? Thank you, grazie!

I believe the ones that mention Santa Croce are not updated, last year's and the one before were from Pza Santa Felicita (as we write on our article on the Rificolona here: http://www.visitflorence.com/florenc...-festival.html )
    Of course, if we see variations for this year's we will update the info but in the meantime, I can assure you it does pass through Piazza della Signoria as it makes its way up to Piazza Duomo and then on to Pza SS Annunziata.
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Ah, excellent news! My apartment is at the Piazza della Signoria, so I can catch it there and walk with the procession to Pzza. SS Annunziata! Do you know any place in particular in the area of Pzza. della Signoria to Santa Croce where I could buy a lantern? Or shall I google toy stores in Florence? Grazie!

Share and Bookmark!