parkings and busses in Florence

Lucifer

I'm going to Florence just for 1 day on the 10th of sept. So it will be a very busy schedule.
Therefor I would like to make up my program in advance.
1. I would like to park my car at Piazzale Michelangelo.(other parking (paid or free) nearby ?)
2. I have my ticket for Galleria dell'Accademia en should be there at 10.15 h.
which bus should i take there to
or would you advise to take a taxi ?

3. I read that it might be difficult to buy tickets from the busdriver ...so Can I buy bustickets in advance at the Piazzale Michelangelo or for instance the day before in another village or city ?

Thanks

Ciao!

1. Piazzale Michelangelo is a good place, there is street parking as well nearby.

2. the only buses that head down are the 13 and 12 -- the 12 will get you down right along the Arno....
and you can continue the walk from there but it is still at least another 15 min walk to the Accademia. If you're short on time, I would recommend a taxi - there is a stand to the far right if you give your back to the view.

3. Many news stands sell tickets, I am just coming to a loss right now in visualizing if there is one at the piazzale.... with your back to the view, to the right near the taxi stand, there is a bar or two that might sell tickets. I will have to go check this out soon to be 100% sure!

parking and busses in Florence

Hello Lourdes,

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I've checked the itinerary of bus 12 and I don't think it would be a good idea.

Would a Hop-on Hop-off bus ticket be a better idea ? (that ticket I could use the rest of the day).
Allthough by checking the schedule I think there's no bus heading to the centre that early (9.30 h) in the morning.

The streetparkings You are talking about, can we leave the car there for the whole of the day ?

Hope hearing soon from You again.
Lucifer

The hop-on, hop-off bus also takes a round about way around the historical center - most of it has been blocked off to passing traffic to make it more enjoyable for all the pedestrians that visit every day.
If it makes its way to Piazza San Marco, then it is a viable alternative.

You could take the bus 12 to Viale Mazzini, from there get off (first stop on Viale Mazzini), cross the street by the newsagent and take bus 6, 31 or 32 - those take you to Piazza San Marco. The Accademia is on Via Ricasoli that leads from Piazza San Marco toward the Duomo.

Make sure to check the street parking if you do park out of the Piazzale, as it is mixed. If there are no blue lines, then it is free, and you can stay as long as you like... if not (blue lines), then you'll have to pay by the hour between 8am and 8pm. After that, it is free.