www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calcio Storico 2016

Default Calcio Storico 2016

Hi all. I'm in the midst of finalizing my itinerary and noticed that the day I intend to depart Florence falls on the Calcio Storico, 24th June. Is it be worth it to change my plans and stay in Florence for another night to soak up the atmosphere and watch the fireworks? (I doubt I'll be able to get tickets to the game itself) Any tips and advice regarding this event would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Default San Giovanni a Firenze

Buongiorno,

it certainly is a spectacular event. The last couple of years I have been around for the fireworks and not only was the weather in our favor - but Florence definitely put on one great show. And its not just about the fireworks, have a read of this article to see what else you can do if you decide to extend your stay:

http://www.visitflorence.com/florenc...-florence.html

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

I also suggest you change your plans for an extra day in Florence and spend the entire day soaking in the atmosphere of a day of celebration. I would highly recommend taking a spot in Piazza della Signoria and watching the parade pass by between 4-5pm as everyone makes their way to Piazza Santa Croce. The costumes are great, as are the drummers and flag throwers and everyone decked out in fine historical clothes. Even if you don't go to the match, that itself is quite a great sight to watch.
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Dear Lourdes,

I am extremely fortunate to have found an opportunity to travel to Florence this year with the hope of seeing the final game (unfortunately, I could not travel earlier to increase my chances of seeing a game with the semi-finals as well).

Based on the information that I can find on the internet--contributed mostly by you, thank you--it sounds like the tickets for the final will likely be on sale online on June 13, is that correct?

I want to do everything that I can to try to get a ticket to the game.

Could you recommend the best source to check to stay on top of the ticket statuses and when they will be available? I am happy to do the work to translate from Italian but am not sure where to look.

And do you know of any hotel/group that might buy up tickets to then re-sell them? It sounds like many tickets got bought-up last year and this might end up being my only hope.

Any help you that could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kate

Hello

I am planning to come to Firenze to see the calcio storico semi-finals. Are the date for the semi-finals 11.6.2016 ? And where and when I can buy tickets online?

Thank You
    Suomi

The dates for the semi-finals for 2016 are June 11th and 12th - there is general info on where to buy tickets online here:
    http://www.visitflorence.com/florenc...iorentino.html
    but don't expect them to go online before mid to end of May.
    Just keep a lookout on their FB page, follow our own page or blog - we will post about it as soon as we know the dates the tickets will start being sold.
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Default Semi-Final Ticket Info Now Available

Dear Lourdes,

I see that ticket information has now been posted on FB for the semi-final games! I also see that there will be several days of physical ticket sales before tickets can be purchased online. Assuming that something similar will happen for the final game, do you know of any 3rd party (hotel, travel group, locals) that might be purchasing tickets physically to resell?

Any information you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Grazie mille!
    Kate

For those interested:

Tickets for the semi-finals on June 11th and 12th will be available from http://goo.gl/bsIFSW at 11:00 am on Monday, June 6.

Thank you for updating this thread -- I posted on Facebook, twitter and our article and forgot the forum!

As far as buying and reselling -- not that I know of, but many hotels do this for their clients. If you're in town, make sure to contact your hotel and ask them if they can get tickets for you.

As for the final, seeing how long they waited to even start preselling, I am not sure whether they will go with two different dates. We'll have to wait and see...

Alas, I am staying at an Air B&B to better be able to afford the trip-- I will contact hotels any way and see if I can't get some help

Thank you for being such a great resource!

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase tickets for Calcio Storico 2016, in particular the final on the 24th of June.

I have looked through this thread and haven't found anything that would seem to indicate a specific date on which the tickets for the final will be released for purchase. Is there any specific set date on which they become available? Are we best off asking our hotel to purchase the tickets for us?

Any help and advice appreciated. Thank you.

Share and Bookmark!