Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ciao Damith,

So glad to hear Florence was your favorite city, what other cities did you get a chance to visit in Tuscany or Italy? Did you make it to Pisa?

Thank you for coming back and letting us know how all your visits went with the Firenze Card!!

It is great to get feedback of anyone following the itineraries we suggest and finding confirmation that the queues can be skipped The tip of getting the "free" ticket for your child will be noted on the article, it is definitely something to highlight.

I hope you do get to return soon and enjoy more of Florence as well as the region
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Ciao!

We were in Italy for 17 days.

Started in Rome (4 days) >> Florence (4 Days) >> Venice(3 Days) >> Napoli (3 Days) >> Salerno (3 Days)

And yes, we did make it out to Pisa on our last day in Florence but it was an absolutely terrible day in terms of weather as it rained heavily pretty much ALL DAY. So we sort of camped out in the Baptistery while I went to try and do my Tower Climb.

The security people tried to make a fuss because my climb was for 11.15 in the morning and I had been in the queue in the RAIN for about 25 mins and it had passed 11.30. So I told that to them firmly and they let me through

We tried to make the best of the terrible weather but Pisa was pretty amazing even with all that rain.

Another thing to note about the Firenze Card and the Duomo site. If I understood the people there correctly, even with the FC card, those sites are only valid for 48 hours so you need to do the Duomo, Church, Bell Tower, Baptistery within 48 hours of entering one of those sites. Would that be accurate?

For eg, I don't think you can do the Duomo on Day 1 and Baptistery after 48 hours...but maybe I misterpreted the person at the counter.

(FYI we did the Duomo climb and Church on Day 1 and Baptistery the next day)

Otherwise, the FC card was everything it said it would be and it was pretty nice to just breeze past everyone in those long queues

We had a minor hiccup when we ended up queing in the wrong place thinking its the entrance to the Church when it was the Duomo climb

In anycase, this site and your suggested itineraries were a great source when planning out my trip. Me and my wife certainly want to come back and see the wine country and other places in Tuscany. It was all pretty amazing!

You did well in firmly asserting your right to climb the tower, you were in line waiting your turn!! Glad you did it, I think the tower climb is a once in a lifetime must-do

You're right about the Duomo monuments -- even with the Firenze Card, they make you take a pass and that is valid for 48 hours. I will note that in the article too ;-)

I do hope you get a chance to come back and explore the rest of the region, as it is in many aspects quite different from Florence but just as spectacular!
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!