Easter 2012 in Florence or maybe elsewhere???

Emily Hoyal

Hi,
My husband and I are taking a last-minute trip to Italy for 7 days over Easter. The end of our trip puts us in Florence for Easter Sunday and Monday. We depart Wednesday morning from Florence. Do you know which sights and museums will be open Easter Sunday and Monday in Florence? The Uffizi and Accademia website seems to accept booking a ticket for Easter Sunday... could I be so lucky???? What sights are open on Monday?

Thanks!

p.s. Lourdes, if you read this, your replies have been so helpful - thanks!

Uffizi and Accademia will be open on Easter Sunday

Ciao Emily and yippee for last minute trips! :D I'm sure you'll have loads of fun!

Easter Sunday in Florence is pretty big so expect lots of people. It might be hard to see the Scoppio del Carro in the Piazza del Duomo so definitely try to catch the parade along the streets as it heads there.

The Uffizi and Accademia are open on Sundays and will remain open on Easter Sunday. They usually also open on Easter Monday given the large request for them (they usually are closed Mondays). Lots of other museums are open on Mondays and they'll remain open so look at the list to get an idea.

The city museums (Palazzo Vecchio, Santa Maria Novella) will generally open on one of the two days, so no matter what, you'll find lots of places open. Just expect the churches to be closed on Sunday to visits since they'll be having services (the ones that are also museums/main sights, i.e. Santa Croce, Santa Maria Novella, the Duomo).

Hope you're having fun planning your trip! Feel free to post any other questions you might have :)