Two weeks in Tuscany with kids - next summer. HELP!!

kdodeja

What a lovely site.

I am just starting my research and am desperate need of help. We have 4 kids ages 8 and under. We're planning to come to Italy for 10-14 days next summer (flexible - June/July/August).

My questions:
Time?
Where to stay? A farmhouse for one week, another for another week?

Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU in advance!!
Kiran

Two weeks in Tuscany with kids - first ideas

Ciao Kiran and welcome to the forum!

I've canceled your previous thread with the same question, so it's easy to have and follow the feedbacks.

Is this your first time in Tuscany? There are of course a lot of things to see and do, however at first glance I would suggest you to consider to spend half time around main cities of art (Florence/Siena/Lucca, for example) and the other around the countryside (Chianti/Valdorcia) and, maybe, the seaside (Maremma or Elba Island).

What do you think?

Hi,

It is our first time. A friend suggested flying into Rome and visiting there for 3 days, then spending 3 days at (?? Lake Como??) and then heading up to Montalcino and staying there for a week. What do you think?

Thank you again!

Kiran

Two weeks in Tuscany with kids - next summer

Como Lake certainly is a beautiful sight in North Italy, not very close to Rome or South Tuscany (it is about 6/7 hours by car from Rome).
However, if driving is not a problem you can surely consider to add it in your itinerary.

An alternative could be to visit Naples and Amalfi Coast for 3 days (driving to South Italy, about 2 hours from Rome) and then back to North to Montalcino and the Valdorcia.