January 5, 2013, 11:38 PM
7 Day Spring Trip
My wife and I plan to travel to Tuscany in April, flying in to Florence. The itinerary listed looks great but we don't want to stay in a different city each day. Is there two or three central cities we could stay and be close to all sites? Maybe Lucca, Sienna, and Arezzo? Although it would be nice if we didn't stay in all large cities.
January 6, 2013, 10:53 AM
Chianti is very central
I think the best option would be to pick a farmhouse apartment in the Chianti area for your entire week and from there do day trips around the region, to Florence, Siena, Pisa, Lucca, Arezzo, San Gimignano, Volterra.... Chianti is very central!
- farmhouse apartments in Castelfiorentino: http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/cabbiavoli.html
- B&B near San Gimignano but also have a separate apartment - http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/...-libbiano.html
- farmhouse apartments near Castellina - http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/il-cellese.html
- farmhouse apartments south of Siena - http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/podere-cunina.html
- more farmhouse apartments south of Siena - http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/...in-poggio.html
Take a look at the general category for other options aside from farmhouse apartments:
Let us know whether you need any other suggestions!!