www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Firenze Card for USA children?

Default Firenze Card for USA children?

Hi everyone,

We're about to go to Florence, and we've purchased the Firenze Card for my wife and I. However, I was wondering if we have to purchase a ticket for our 11 year old. I can't seem to google a definitive answer. There are some articles that state children are free with an adult Firenze Card holder, but I'm not sure if that's _only_ for EU children. Mostly because there are other articles that state all EU children get in free regardless of Firenze card holding adults.

So does anyone know if I need a Firenze Card for my 11 year old child that's a US citizen? If so, is the price the same as an adult card, because there only seems to be one price option on the online site?

Grazie!
    O

Good news! Up to about a month and a half ago, any non-EU child would have needed their own card at the adult price. But now all children under 18, no matter their nationality, enter free to all state museums. It is a new disposition of the recently new Italian minister of culture so that's the reason most everything online is not current. But as a US citizen myself helping people organize their trips through this forum, I went looking for confirmation on the official site as soon as I heard about it! ;-)
    Now with the Firenze Card it is likely you might sometimes need to stop at the ticket office regardless to pick up "free entrance" tickets even for yourselves so it's a possibility you might sometimes have to do it just for her. I'd love to know for sure, can you let me know how things turn out?
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

P.S. Here's the link to the post I wrote for the uffizi.org blog on the change for non-EU children, with link to the official statement from the government: http://www.uffizi.org/1183-finally-k...state-museums/
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Share and Bookmark!