Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuscany help

Wow, awesome, no worries for the delay but thanks for getting back so quick! We switched the trip to do 5 nights Tuscany first and 3 nights Rome last, so we would be in Rome for departing flight and not have to worry about rushing back/missing a flight. I'm leaning towards the Casa dei Tintori-I really liked this one. I think we will stick with the B&B cause we will be eating out lots Yes to tours too.....haven't booked it yet, but will do the Chianti Half Day Wine Tasting & Dinner from Florence! and then do Pisa & San Gimi in a day then chill the rest of the days and go where ever, re-visit a place that we liked, or chill in Florence. One last question about electrical sockets? If you bring a hair straightener or phone charger.....not familiar with the foreign sockets.
    Thanks again!!!!

Florence, Italy

Sounds good!

As far as electronics goes, you generally need two things:
    1. a converter/transformer
    2. plug adapter

As far as phones go, most of the chargers have a small box at the plug that IS a converter/transformer so all you need is a plug adapter while most hair dryers, flat irons, irons and many other small appliances don't have that both so you need both. If you were to just use the plug adapter, you end up frying the small appliance. Most places offer hair dryers in the bathrooms, so you don't need to bring that.

Here's an interesting article that explains the differences in electrical system - Italy uses 220-240 volts/50hz and these interesting round shaped prongs that you can see here.
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Share and Bookmark!