BUS or Taxi

shergayer

I am a senior, traveling solo and I am wondering if I can take a bus from the train station or should I get a taxi. My hotel is on next to the Ponte Vecchio. Any ideal of cost for a taxi? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I would like to spend a day in Montepulciano. Other than a private tour for $700, do you know of any more reasonable tour to this great town?

Ciao shergayer, just answered you on another thread about the Montepulciano tour - did you see it?

From the train station to Ponte Vecchio, with luggage, I think fare should be between 5-10 euros... I give you a range because there are supplements based on time of day which I don't know.

It isn't a great distance, you can certainly take the bus - but as most of the area has been become a pedestrian-mostly area, the bus that gets you closest is C3 which doesn't start nor end at the train station. From the train station, you need to take the C2 which then crosses with the C3, so you need to change bus and then continue. If you map the route on Google Maps, you'll see that if you were to walk the distance, it takes you 13 minutes.... the various combinations of buses available can take 11-13min as well. A taxi will be faster, for sure. Be prepared for lots of walking in Florence, bring comfortable shoes!