Cooking experience Tuscany

drenn007

We will be in the Tuscany area in mid-September 2010. We are looking for a two-day cooking experience for two couples, either alone or part of a group. We are flexible at this point as to where...we have not booked accomodations yet. We will be travelling from Venice to Florence with an extimated three-day stay in or around Florence before traveling on to Rome.

Any suggestions?

Cooking Lessons in Florence and Tuscany

Dear drenn0007,

September is a great month to discover Tuscany and Italy in general. It's still warm and sunny.

Since you are also looking for an accommodation I'll suggest you stay at Villa Dianella which is a small, comfortable B&B near Vinci. It is in a historical Medici villa recently restored with all modern comforts located near Vinci, the birthplace of the famous Leonardo da Vinci (where you'll also find a great museum dedicated to his work as well as his home). Vinci is immersed in the Tuscan countryside about 30 minutes driving distance from Florence. Villa Dianella organizes cooking lessons for small and large groups with an English speaking chef. It also organizes wine tastings and visits to its wine cellars since it is also a wine producing estate.

If you like to stay in Florence or closer to the city, you may look up accommodation in Florence here. You can attend cooking lessons at Vinarium, right in Florence's historical city center. It organizes private and group lessons. Classes are generally taken in the afternoon, so that after cooking you can enjoy the food you prepared with a good glass of wine.

I can also recommend Ginny and Fiamma. These two ladies organize private cooking lessons and come directly to your place. They offer customized courses and services so that you can decide what you'd like to cook.

I hope these suggestions help you in planning your vacation. I hope you'll share your experience with us also once you're back home. :D

Valentina