www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Beach resorts

Default Beach resorts

Can anyone recommend a nice beach resort for two adults and two teenagers where we can also rent a villa/apartment? I looked at the beach article on the website which is helpful but wonderd if anyone had any favourites that would suit us? Just needs to be somewhere not too noisy but with facilities/shops, restaurants and bars but no need for nightclubs. Would also like to be able to travel to Pisa/Florence and do some sightseeing. Thanks...Filo

Default On the Beach

Buongiorno,

I have been along the coast mostly for diving, so I must admit that I don't have a specific resort that I like to stay at. However, I will say one of the areas I like quite a bit is Castiglioncello. It combines the seaside with the countryside and I didn't find it overwhelmingly touristy.

It is a good position for day trips, since its not too far down the coast from Pisa and the major highways and it lends it self for going towards the south and exploring the Gulf or the islands.

Buon Viaggio.

I also second Castiglioncello, but also suggest Tirrenia. Both easy to reach if you won't have a car and traveling by train or bus.

What period are you visiting? Some places are really touristy no matter what during the high season, but not necessarily "noisy", depending on where you stay. At other times, the same place is deserted... basically, as long as Italians think the water is too cold ;-)
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Default seaside destinations

Lourdes,
    have any recommendations in Castigalioncello or Tirrenia for B &B or quaint hotels overlooking the sea?
    My wife and I and two daughters (20 y/o). would also be interested in any other favorite seaside location you might have. will be travelling from florence for a day/night trip.
    thanks!

Smile Beach Resorts

Thank-you Donna and Lourdes for your help. Looks like we'll be staying further inland now but will be visiting the coast during our stay. We're intending to visit at the end of July. We've seen some nice houses up in the Garfagnana mountain region - one thing that we wondered was what are the roads like up there and how long does it take to come down to the 'bigger' roads?
    Thanks...Filo

Default Seafront Hotels in Tuscany

Hi Van,

among the hotels overlooking the sea in Tuscany, in the town of Tirrenia there is certainly the Grand Hotel Continental that also offers 2 pools and 4 restaurants.

In Viareggio instead there is the Hotel Residence Esplanade. Considers that Viareggio also has a train station well connected to Florence.

Default Roads

Quote Originally Posted by Filo View Post
    Thank-you Donna and Lourdes for your help. Looks like we'll be staying further inland now but will be visiting the coast during our stay. We're intending to visit at the end of July. We've seen some nice houses up in the Garfagnana mountain region - one thing that we wondered was what are the roads like up there and how long does it take to come down to the 'bigger' roads?
    Thanks...Filo
    About the roads - this area is beautiful but one of the reasons it is so beautiful is because it is a bit off the beaten track and has preserved its natural state. Having said that, the roads are in good condition but normally one lanes and (since you are in the mountains) twisty. Depending on where you are staying you will need to calculate a bit of extra time to get to the main roads. However, there is so much to enjoy in that area that you can easily spend you time in Tuscany exploring the parks and small towns without spending too much time on the road.

Donna Denise

Share and Bookmark!