2 days in Tuscany

Prachi

Hi
We are visiting Rome around July 25th. We are planning to take a train to Florence and stay in Florence and then visit Saturnia. We are planning to drive from Florence, however, how easy it is to find parking if we want to visit the public access free thermal springs?

Also any other suggestions for places to visit? We are travelling with 2 kids age 5 and 9 and two senior citizens ages 65 plus.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks
Prachi

Saturnia and the trip there

Buongiorno,

They are talking about a hot summer - so a trip to Saturnia will be perfect in July!

You can check out this link which has some helpful information about how to get to Saturnia and what to see.

It's a long trek anyway you look at it but there are many little places you can stop which are easy to handle for all age groups.

If you are looking for a stop midway between Florence and Saturnia you can check out Monteriggioni, which is a small little town with good parking and lots of little restaurants and controlled open spaces (the many square and the olive groves surrounding the city walls) where the kids can let off some steam before driving the next leg of the journey. (think gelato and a glass of prosecco!)

I noticed there might be some road work going on if you keep on the SP4 - so you might want to look at following the SP14 - which (oh no!) will take you directly through Montalcino....you might just HAVE to stop and visit this little town and who knows so some wine tasting while you are there! (think gelato and Brunello wine)

I will admit it has been a couple of years since I have been to Saturnia, but I didn't find a problem with the parking (yes, its Italian style so sometimes it can appear a bit haphazard...but very do-able.)

Buon Viaggio

Hi Donna

Thank you so much for the information. I am really excited about visiting Saturia and the falls. They look so beautiful. Just wondering how deep is the water? My son is 5 and just learning to swim. I don't swim at all. How safe it is to just get into the water?

Thanks
Prachi

Very safe, the waterfall has a bunch of small pools where people sit in and these are not deep at all. Eventually it all goes into a river, I am not sure that is deep either but I admit I didn't venture into that area ;-)