10 days in Tuscany- September1-11.

Keith

Hi Lourdes & everyone!
My name is Keith, I'm from Dublin, but I live in Barcelona with my wife who's from Brazil. Erm,this is the first time I have ever taken part in any type of forum, so please excuse me if I do/say something anything stupid. Basically, we are flying to Pisa on the 1st Sept and then flying out from Pisa on the 11th. I've never been to Italy before and I'm super excited.
I just wanted to ask for some advice on where we should visit and what places we should stay overnight. One city we are also going to take in is Rome, as I love Roman history and am crazy to see the place. But again, if anybody thinks it's too much to do in one trip, please feel free to say.
Any tips and advice would be very much welcomed.

Thanks a million everyone..

Keith

Time in Rome

Buongiorno,

though I would be tempted to tell you spend all your time in Tuscany, I can appreciate the thrill of seeing Rome for the first time - and in 11 days you should be able to dedicate two days to Rome. I sense from your enthusiasm that one day probably won't be enough.

But having said that remember that Tuscany is loaded with reminders of the Romans, for example check out Fiesole and Arezzo with their Roman amphitheaters. Next to Pisa you will find Massaciuccoli with Roman ruins. And you can also look into the area Frascole where yo will find good wine AND Roman ruins.

Buon Viaggio

Hi Donna Denise!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write, very much appreciated - thank you. :eek::eek:

Yes, I really do realise that to appreciate Rome fully, I would need at least 4/5 days just as you would need for some other large European cities like Paris for example. But as you said, maybe we could do 2 nights there and for the moment, it would "quench my thirst" and at a later date, we can go back and spend some more time there.
Thanks so much for the tips on the places where there are Roman sites! Super, I'll have a look. Denise, if you were me and you had 10 nights in Tuscany, where would you sleep and where would you visit?

Thank you so much again DonnaDenise!!

Keith & Vanessa.

p.s. If you ever need any tips on Ireland or Brazil, we're totally here!!

Buongiorno,

though I would be tempted to tell you spend all your time in Tuscany, I can appreciate the thrill of seeing Rome for the first time - and in 11 days you should be able to dedicate two days to Rome. I sense from your enthusiasm that one day probably won't be enough.

But having said that remember that Tuscany is loaded with reminders of the Romans, for example check out Fiesole and Arezzo with their Roman amphitheaters. Next to Pisa you will find Massaciuccoli with Roman ruins. And you can also look into the area Frascole where yo will find good wine AND Roman ruins.

Buon Viaggio