itinerary 6 days in Tuscanny

xib

planning to go to Pisa in June Where best to set base? I wish to visit Florence Lucca Siena Cinque Terre Montecatini Arezzo & Chiant How can I plan these visits by public transport? Is it better to have 2 bases?
Will arrive after 10.30pm in Pisa Any help would be appreciated Thanks

Base for Day Trips

Buongiorno,

I believe that your best base would be in Florence or just on the outskirts of Florence. Every place you mention below can be reached by public transport from Florence with no bus/train changes along the way and with fairly frequent and reliable transport.

Lucca - train
Siena - bus
Cinque Terre - train
Montecatini - train
Arezzo - train (this itinerary makes a circle around the city and you can start at the train station)
Chianti - bus (any one of these articles about the towns also gives you detailed info on how to get there with public transport)

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

6 days in Tuscanny

grszzie mille
since arriving late in Pisa is it worth trying to find a hotel in Pisa for the 1st night or 2?

Pisa Hotel

Buongiorno,

You can get shuttle service to Florence even at that time and settle into your base in Florence, lots of hotels will accommodate a late arrival.

But you can also use a Pisa hotel as a base for a couple of days - and cut your train travel to Lucca and CT. I would opt for two day or three days in Pisa (one full day for CT and then a day between Lucca & Pisa) and then move to a Florence B&B.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

itinerary 6 days in Tuscanny

Buongiorno,

You can get shuttle service to Florence even at that time and settle into your base in Florence, lots of hotels will accommodate a late arrival.

But you can also use a Pisa hotel as a base for a couple of days - and cut your train travel to Lucca and CT. I would opt for two day or three days in Pisa (one full day for CT and then a day between Lucca & Pisa) and then move to a Florence B&B.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

thanks again
appreciate your help