Day trip from Florence to San Gimignano and Siena

Lauren Jackson

Hi

I will be visiting Florence from 28 April - 3 May with my parents. While in Florence we wanted to do a day trip to San Gimignano and Siena.

We were considering hiring a car but would rather have a driver to take us to these towns.

We don't really want to do a formal tour as we'd like free time in each town.

Also, I am in a wheelchair and budget is a big consideration.

Does anyone know of driver services we can hire at a reasonable price?

A private driver

Buongiorno,

if you want to look into pricing for a private driver, you can look on line for NCC florence, that is a private driver with car.

be sure to let them know about the wheel chair (sedia a rottele) so they know they need to have space.

Here are the names of two that I have used in the past, and they were professional and responsible:

STEDOP ( http://www.stedop.altervista.org/ )

Simone (email: essemazzini@gmail.com )

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

As Donna has already recommended, if you don't want a guide then all you'll need is a car with driver who takes you places. An NCC is what you'll need.

Having said that, take a look and ask for estimates from various places so that you can compare services and costs. Also consider travel companies such as ciaoflorence.it also cater to doing private tours or just provide transportation with personal driver as well so keep a lookout for those as well.