Default Florence,pietrasanta and cinque terre

We are in Tuscany for 6 days in September, flying into Pisa (not wishing to spend any time there as already seen it) on a Wednesday and out again on the following tuesday. We have a wedding pietrasanta on the Saturday but either side would like to do cinque de terre and Florence. We are 3 adults and an 8 month old! For ease I would imagine we will hire a car from Pisa.

Does anyone have any advice about what order to do things in, how to travel or where to stay? Thanks so much!

Florence, Italy

If you're planning on renting a car, I would suggest doing it this way:

- arrive in Pisa, take BUS to Florence -- stay in the historical center, NO CAR required while you're in Florence. No worries about parking or driving in wrong part without permit.

- head back to coast for wedding, rent CAR in Florence as you leave city - there are car rental agencies near the SMN train station (read this: )

- wedding and then head on to CT - with car, the easier towns to manage to drive and park are Riomaggiore and Monterosso, the both extremes of the 5 towns.

As for specific places to stay, I suggest you start browsing through and!
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Default where to go in CT

Have a look at the articles at the link, the individual city pages talk about which towns have some of the best areas for parking:

Buon Viaggio,
    Donna Denise