Default 6 days in Tuscany - Recommendation

Hi, My wife and I are planning to spend 6 days in Tuscany. We plan to start from Florence and then travel around the countryside and leave from Siena to Venice. We would be grateful if you could advise on the following

1. How many days in Florence would be enough. We were thinking around 2.5 to 3 days and rest 3 days in countryside
    2. Which places in Tuscany countryside would you recommend. We have shortlisted Siena, Montalcino, Montepulciano, San Gemignano etc
    3. For accommodation should we make certain town/ village Tuscany to be the base and drive around, Or
    4. Once we leave Florence, should we say stay in different farmhouses/ villages a night each and if that be the case what route would you recommend from Florence to Tuscany

Sorry for so many questions but we have heard so much about Tuscany and want to get the advice from the experts . Thanks for your help

Default 6 days in Tuscany

The division 3 & 3 sounds good. (2 nights in Florence and 4 nights in the countryside.)

As for places to stay … really there is so much to choose from. You could do two nights in the Chianti area and two nights in the Val d’Orcia area.

For example two nights at one of my favorite places (I wrote a review on this place):

or you could look at stay on a vineyard:

When you leave Florence, I suggest you head towards Impruneta, this link gives you an idea of an itinerary which you can follow, including an idea of what to see in Chianti.

Buon Viaggio,
    Donna Denise

Donna, Thanks a lot for your help. We were able to plan our itinerary based on your suggestions. Looking forward to Tuscany !