April 18, 2014, 03:32 AM
Pls help! Over whelmed with options! Need advice on where to stay and what to do in
We will be visiting Tuscany May 1- May 8 driving from Milan airport. We don't want to do Florence or Pisa as we've done those already.
1. Ideally, we want to absorb the Tuscan culture and landscape while enjoying food and wine. Our criteria is to stay at a place that is clean and somewhat luxurious. We are open to doing Villas/Agri Accomodations but not sure if they will be comfortable with amenities. Not necessarily the most expensive but clean/bug free and fairly modern.
2. Should we stay in one place the whole week or do one in the north and one in the south. And if so where would you recommend?
We want to try and visit Lucca, Greve, San Gimigianno, Siena, Montepulciano, Volterra, any others?
3. Also recommendations on Chianti wineries would be appreciated
4. Any one-day cooking classes you would recommend?
5. Are there any spas in the area that are world-class?
Thank you for your help!