Car Rental Venice to Tuscany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael68

My wife and I will disembark a cruise ship in Venice in May. We will be moving on to Castellina in Chianti lodging the first day from there for three days before going south to Buonconvento for four days. Our lodging reservations are firm. Our plan is to rent a car to maximize our ability to visit Florence, Chianti region, Sienna, Pienza, Montalcino, Montepulciano, Cortona, and Orvietto. We will fly out of Florence at the end of the trip where we will drop the rental car. From our Castellina base, we will take the train into Florence for day trips from Poggibonsi station.

Can you advise me where to rent a car in Venice close to the cruise ship docks? Are there several car rental companies located near the Venice docking point including Hertz and Avis? I assume renting a car there is easier and no more expensive than taking a train from Venice to Florence and renting a car from there near the Florence train station. Since we will have luggage and the afternoon will be advanced by then, we are not planning to see Florence the first day.

I apreciate your assistance. I have been researching the rental car in Venice and haven't located the correct information yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.