Itinerary help Venice, Florence, Pisa

Redthecat

Hi- I need LOTS of guidance, somehow a bit overwhelmed. So much to see and do, so little time. I'm flying into Venice on a Wed 5/13, staying overnight then taking early morning train to Florence. So far, so good. Spending the day in Florence and will probably sleep there that night. I plan to rent a car the next morning from Florence Fri, 5/15 and plan to drive to visit Sienna, San G, and any other towns along the way. I have to be in Pisa on Sunday or close by as one of our group is flying out of Pisa Monday morning early. Then I have until Wed 5/20 evening to make my way to Milan for a flight on Thurs 5/21. Once I drop the friend at Pisa airport, I was thinking to drive to CT, spend day, maybe hike? then drive that night to Parma overnight there so I can maybe do a food tour? I'm VERY flexible, open to any and all ideas, really LOVE LOVE food tours and cooking classes. Prefer to stay away from turisty sites (quick visit is ok). HELP! Thanks very very much!!!

Florence and area

Buongiorno,

you seem to have a lot planned, but not too much - just don't try to squeeze everything in, spread it out a bit this way you will be able to enjoy the local culinary treats...all of which deserve your attention!! I would suggest that maybe you plan on catching an afternoon train to Florence the day after you arrive and give yourself just a bit more time in Venice to enjoy the atmosphere.

Definitely spend the evening in Florence and again plan on picking up the car after lunch or early evening and head towards a B&B which offers cooking lessons like: http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/candida-bing-chianti-house.html. Make it your base for Saturday & Sunday. It is close enough to give you time to plan a trip to Siena, a wine tour in Chianti or visit Certaldo & Volterra. Leave Monday morning to get your party memeber to their flight before hiking over to CT.

I would also suggest that you do at least one night in CT - that way you can really enjoy some of the local food and you are not too tired to drive towards Parma and delve into a brand new environment.

Buon Viaggio