Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Serremaggio 2016 start on 7 to 15 May

Quote Originally Posted by Lourdes View Post
    You can also keep tabs by checking the Serremaggio site here:
    and follow their FB page to get updates closer to the dates:

Of course, to better plan your trip to likely match the festival, I would suggest making sure you include a weekend in the first half of May 2016, for example May 13-16th as that was one of the weekends from last year ;-)
    I wrote an email to and received a response back from Francesco Croci telling me that the festival will be from May 7th to the 15th in 2016.

Default Which Medieval Festival do you reccomend

My husband and I will be in Tuscany for about a month and a half in May and June 2016. Your comments on Serremaggio made me search for any other Medieval festivals going on during this period and I found a few more: Cortona -Giostra del Archidado; Malmantile -Festa Medievale; Serravalle Pistoiese - Festa medievale; San Gimignano - Ferie delle Messi. If it were up to me I would attend all, but my husband might have a problem with that. I was wondering if you could help me prioritize a bit among these 5 festivals so I can make a better plan for our trip. I appreciate your help. Julie V.

Default San Gimingiano and Siena by train

We would like to do a day trip to Siena and San Gimingiano from Florence. Which is the best means of transportation - bus or train. If we go by train, can we buy a ticket to Siena and get off for a while at San Gimingiano or do we have to buy separate tickets to each city?

Default bus from Siena

The bus that goes to Siena does not pass thru San Gimignano, you will need to get another bus and another ticket from Siena to San Gimignano. Here is more info on how to get to Siena from Florence. This article will give you information on how to get to San Gimignano.

However, that is a lot to do in one day and you might find that just visiting Siena will fill your itinerary.

Have a look at the different off the beaten track things there are to see in Siena at this link:

Buon Viaggio,
    Donna Denise

Share and Bookmark!