www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Sienna to montalcino, montepulciano & pienza

Default Sienna to montalcino, montepulciano & pienza

Hi, I am planning to visit Tuscany at the end of Aug for around 1 week. My base would be Sienna and from there would like to make day trips to Arezzo, Cortona, montalcino, montepulciano, pienza. Is it possible to travel to these places by bus. Are there buses available from Sienna to these places. If yes, can you please send the weblink (hopefully info available in English). Thnx

You can travel to all of these places by bus, although it will be time consuming as bus service is not that great.

You can search for the timetables using this site: http://www.busfox.com/timetable/
    but also map the routes on Google Maps - it has that "bus" icon at the top of the search box that also gives you info on buses.
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

P.S. But to enjoy the southern area of Tuscany much better, a car is really recommended as you can take lots of backroads to see more of the countryside and smaller towns.
    Have you looked at how much it costs? you can search here: http://www.discovertuscany.com/tusca...n-tuscany.html
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuja View Post
    Hi, I am planning to visit Tuscany at the end of Aug for around 1 week. My base would be Sienna and from there would like to make day trips to Arezzo, Cortona, montalcino, montepulciano, pienza. Is it possible to travel to these places by bus. Are there buses available from Sienna to these places. If yes, can you please send the weblink (hopefully info available in English). Thnx
    Thanks a lot Lourdes. I know car will be a better option, but I am travelling on my own and so would prefer public transport instead of renting a car.

Default Organized Tours

Buongiorno

Siena to Arezzo has a rather regular schedule and you shouldn't have any problems doing that trip on your own. For Cortona you might look at coordinating Siena - Arezzo - Cortona and you would be catching a train to Cortona and then a bus to the city center...it is a bit of a trip. However just as lovely, could catch a bus into Monteriggioni or San Gimignano from Siena - and they are both easier to get to and just as lovely to visit.

However going into southern Tuscany is probably more problematic. You could look at doing an organized tour for that area.

Buon Viaggio
    Donna Denise

Share and Bookmark!