Question 3 Days From La Spezia to Florence by Car

Hi There
    This is our first time travelling to Italy. We will be there the first week of November At the moment this is my plan. Arriving to Monterosso del Mar and maybe stay 2 or 3 days in Vernazza? Then we will like to rent a car in La Spezia to travel around Tuscany( Pisa, Lucca, San Gimignano and Florence City area near the train station) We have 5 days in total to do this trip.
    Where is the best place to leave the rent car to avoid entering the restricted zones? Is the airport a good place? Is there any toll we should avoid though tuscany area? Any Suggestion or recommendation would be apreciated. Pam

Default Traveling Tuscany from La Spezia

are you basing yourself in La Spezia? or driving and staying at the final destination?

If the second one is your choice then I suggest taking a train to Florence - stay there a day (or two)
    then renting a car and basing yourself in the San Gimignano area or even Montespertoli is very pretty now.
    one of my favorites:

That way you can save money on the car rental, AND you dopn't need to worry about parking in the city of Florence.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Share and Bookmark!