Default Ways to reach Querceto di Castellina

We have planned a stay at Querceto di Castellina, near Castellina in Chianti and would like to know ways to reach there from Florence Train Station. I understand that renting a car is a good option but I do not want to drive. Are taxis easily available in Florence to take me to my destination? I also need to plan my return journey from Querceto to Florence and I suspect there are no taxis in Castellina in Chianti- the nearest town to Querceto. Are taxis available on call for me to travel back to Florence? Is there a good bus- taxi combination for me to consider? I would appreciate guidance and advice. Thank you.

Default Getting to Querceto from Florence

The furthest south you can get with public transport into Chianti is Panzano (line 365

You could take the public transport to the last stop and try to arrange a taxi IN ADVANCE - like before you leave - (which in this area would really be an NCC - car with driver) to pick you up...but from Panzano to the agritourism it is only 8 km and it might not be worth it for the driver, they might not be available.

I actually spoke with the agritourism to be sure this was possible - but they were pretty clear that you really do need a car to get around. The closest town is 6km (castellina in Chianti) and even to do some shopping or go out for a meal, if you don't have a car you are a bit stranded.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Share and Bookmark!