www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Penalties in Florence bus

Question Penalties in Florence bus

Hello!! I have seen some posts about the inspection in the Ataf bus and I would like to consult people who live in Florence about an incident I was part of. I was in line D to Maria Novella station with a friend and two guys from the inspection got in. They said one of the tickets was not good. We show them that we had multiple new tickets but they did not even looked. They asked for passports and gave us a 50 euro fine. I tried to tell them we had multiple new tickets and maybe validated an old one by mistake - it was not like we were on the bus WITHOUT tickets. They were very rude. In the end I said I was going to write a complaint about this and they told us they were being very nice because we cannot use the bus with luggage if we dont pay additional fees. In the Maria Novella Station, I went to ATAF info desk and asked if there is any fee for luggage and they said there is not. I feel the inspection was not correct and tried to win 50 euros at our expense. Does anyone know how to submit a complaint? I just feel is so wrong those guys creating rules and harassing people.

Did you already pay the fine? Are you still in Florence? If you are, you can head back to that ATAF ticket office in SMN and file the complaint directly there.

This page has more info but it is only in Italian: http://www.ataf.net/it/servizio-clie...dC=75&LN=it-IT

Yes, I also feel that they take advantage -- many push you to pay on the fine, knowing that if you pay the fine then you give up the right to contest the fine!! that is why I was asking whether you paid already....
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Exclamation

Hi Lourdes ! Thanks.. Unfortunatelly we paid because we did not even know there was an option. They stood there saying if we would pay by cash or card. Is it correct to give us a fine if we gave them the new tickets? Also, the fact that they lied and invented about the luggage fee made me feel they were not honest. We just left Florence. The guy in the ATAF booth said I could write an email. We do not speak italian, how could we know that we had an option to not pay? 😟 Is there an entity for customer rights where I could file a complaint? Its not about the 50 euros, but I was very mad because they were rude and dishonest.

I know, I also get a feeling that they are just taking advantage -- bullying and insisting people pay on the spot, when even the fine was not correct and thus could be contested.

I encourage you to write to these email addresses to file the complaint:

ATAF
    Ataf Gestioni srl – V.le dei Mille, 115 - 50131 Firenze.
    Fax: 055-5650209.
    E_mail: segreteria@ataf.fi.it

Region of Tuscany Help Desk

numeroverdetpl@regione.toscana.it

Florence Tourism Board
    Via Cavour office has the "Sportello Tutela Diritti del Turista" which is in charge of taking care of tourists and their rights. You can write to them here infoturismo@cittametropolitana.fi.it
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Talking

Thank you!!! I will write to them.