Does this sound undo able ?

Ldiii

There are a group of six of us with two rental cars. We would like to drive to visit Pisa early then take train to cinque terra for the afternoon. I know it's a lot of driving and travel but since we're going to Pisa I figured why not see cinque terra. How late do trains run ? We are not a posed to driving late at night to get back to apt. We are staying in Figline valdarno. We could do it the next day all by it self but were thinking of visiting sienna or hot springs in maremma. Or do we do Pisa and sienna in one day and cinque terra all by itself. Or is this to far in other direction to make sense. Any information will help thanks. We are there may 16th -20th. We planned one day for Florence the others are open we're coming from Rome the 16th we could fit one thing that day. We leave early for Venice on 20 th not an option that day.

Pisa and Cinque Terre on the same day? No, you want a full day in Cinque Terre, they are 5 small towns and even if you just visit one, then you won't have experienced the atmosphere of the towns on the cliffs.

In any case, the last train out of Riomaggiore toward La Spezia and then on to Pisa is a little before 10pm. Check out time tables on www.trenitalia.com

You could do Siena on the 16th, leaving Rome early so you have most time you can in Siena.
17th - Florence
18th - Cinque Terre
19th - Pisa and Lucca

Why not stay closer to Florence or between Florence and Pisa, to be closer to the places you want to visit? Saturnia and the hot springs are not doable from Figline as a day trip.

Another question

We are taking you advice and using a whole day at cinque terra. We are going to do Pisa coming from Rome on are way to Figline. My question is is there a safe and secure place to keep are backpacks while exploring Pisa . I don't want to be carrying all are things while going places. Thanks

So are you coming to Pisa by car or train? Pisa and Florence are the only towns in Tuscany that have a baggage deposit at the train station so if you're coming up with the train you could leave baggage there while you visit Pisa and not have to cart it around.

If you're then also going on to Cinque Terre, I suggest taking your luggage with you and spending the night in the Cinque Terre, then proceed on back to Figline. If you're by car from Rome, I'd suggest just going with the car all the way - head to Monterosso al Mare. It is the easiest one to get to with a car and they have parking lots. I'd still suggest spending the night there if you can, rather than driving late at night - particularly as your hosts back in Figline may not be available for super late night check-in unless you pre-arrange it.

If you're with a car and stopping in Pisa, head to the paid parking lots near the Piazza dei Miracoli. There is a person at the entrance/exit bars so it would be the safest bet for leaving luggage in parked cars.