www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: 5 days in Tuscany suggestions

Smile 5 days in Tuscany suggestions

Hi, I would appreciate your suggestions on what you think about this itinerary we have for Tuscany(minus Florence as we will be there for 5 days as well). We are a couple with a 5 year old boy and will be renting an apartment in Chianti from June 25-30.

June 25- driving from Florence passing by Pisa/Lucca on the way (our check in at our apartment is still at 5pm)

June 26- Arezzo and Cortona
    June 27-San Gimignano and Volterra
    June 28- Montalcino (Sant'Antimo), Pienza, Montepulciano
    June 29- Siena
    June30- drive to Rome

I would also love to see Val d'Orcia!!!

Thank you and I appreciate your time!

Ciao jing7600,

Overall, your itinerary in Tuscany is fine except that you don't really plan on spending much time in Chianti itself at all.
    I understand wanting to fit everything in but since you're planning on 5 days in Florence, I'd use one of those days to go to both Pisa and Lucca by train and then on June 25 spend it driving to Chianti and spending the day roaming the villages in the area, they are worth seeing!

You WILL be seeing the Val d'Orcia - on June 28 when you go to Montalcino and Pienza, that is the valley of the Orcia river, thus Val(lle) di Orcia ;-)

Am sure your whole family will love the time spent here, beautiful country and food!
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Hi Lourdes, thank you so much for your thoughts. I did overlook Chianti! Maybe I will just skip Arezzo and do Chianti that whole day. Would this make this itinerary more bearable?

Joanna

Quote Originally Posted by Lourdes View Post
    Ciao jing7600,

Overall, your itinerary in Tuscany is fine except that you don't really plan on spending much time in Chianti itself at all.
    I understand wanting to fit everything in but since you're planning on 5 days in Florence, I'd use one of those days to go to both Pisa and Lucca by train and then on June 25 spend it driving to Chianti and spending the day roaming the villages in the area, they are worth seeing!

You WILL be seeing the Val d'Orcia - on June 28 when you go to Montalcino and Pienza, that is the valley of the Orcia river, thus Val(lle) di Orcia ;-)

Am sure your whole family will love the time spent here, beautiful country and food!

Arezzo and Cortona are worth seeing - so if you can take a day off the 5 in Florence, I'd use one of those to extend the time used to seeing the rest of Tuscany
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Share and Bookmark!