La Maggiolata in Lucignano

Mbtravel

Hello,
I came across a reference to this festival that takes place in May and am looking for a practical advice on the best day to visit the event, how to get there, it's structure, etc. Since Lucignano is a small medieval village, is parking there going to be a problem? Thank you for your recommendation.

HA! Did you see our post on Facebook about Lucignano? It was from two days ago, same day as your question.

You can read a bit more about Lucignano and the festival on here: http://www.discovertuscany.com/tuscany-destinations/lucignano.html
but we don't list details since it changes every year.... but there is a link on there to the official site, so you can go check the schedule and times.

It is a small town and it does get busy, but there is always a way to park - I haven't gone to this specifically, but I've often seen an empty field opened up to add parking space.

The main event this year is May 18 and June 1 - I would make at least a half day trip out of it if not the whole day, maybe from the morning until the late afternoon after the parade, which starts at 4pm. If you can't make it on that day, there is the night version of the parade on the 20th, and again on June 1st. All the evenings in between you can enjoy dinner and music of various themes each night. Whenever you go, I think you will enjoy it!

HA! Did you see our post on Facebook about Lucignano? It was from two days ago, same day as your question.

You can read a bit more about Lucignano and the festival on here: http://www.discovertuscany.com/tuscany-destinations/lucignano.html
but we don't list details since it changes every year.... but there is a link on there to the official site, so you can go check the schedule and times.

It is a small town and it does get busy, but there is always a way to park - I haven't gone to this specifically, but I've often seen an empty field opened up to add parking space.

The main event this year is May 18 and June 1 - I would make at least a half day trip out of it if not the whole day, maybe from the morning until the late afternoon after the parade, which starts at 4pm. If you can't make it on that day, there is the night version of the parade on the 20th, and again on June 1st. All the evenings in between you can enjoy dinner and music of various themes each night. Whenever you go, I think you will enjoy it!

Thank you, Lourdes!
You are absolutely right, I received the information through Face Book. I checked the official web site, but couldn't find any information in English. I might try to get there on the of May 18 since I will be in the area. I will be driving from Castelfiorentino and if I don't plan to spend a whole day in Lucignano, is there anything on the way that's worth a stop? Thanks!

You're right - the site is only in Italian, unfortunately. But you could gather some more info if you put the web address into Google Translate ;-)

If you want to stop going there, you could stop in Certaldo, Colle Val d'Elsa or Monteriggioni. Not all 3, just one of them ;-) Although I'd plan on getting to Lucignano for lunch to have time to visit the museum and seeing the Golden Tree of Life and just soak in the festive atmosphere :).