Cool where to set base in Tuscany?

hello.. we are planning to visit Italy in September for about 12 days and we want to cover rome, florence/tuscany and venice.

my confusion is about Tuscany - total of 5 days. we will be driving from Rome to the Tuscan region - I want to cover the following and need your advice.

Chianti/San gim

planning on visiting florence last and stay there for 2 days. I would like your advice on how to cover the rest of the places and where to set base...

Thanks in advance.

Default 12 days in Italy

September is a beautiful time to visit Italy, there is so much going on from the grape harvest to the beginning of fall!

I suggest you look at an Itin that has you fly into Venice or Rome and then you can fly out of the opposite, for example:

arrive Rome: 3 nights
    train it to Florence: 2 nights
    villa or country apartment: 6 nights
    train it to Venice: one night

Depending on what you are interested in, perhaps an area like Montespertoli, or San Gimignano for the 6 nights - However, If you don't mind moving around a bit, you could also do 3 nights in that area (easy access to Pisa, Lucca, Chianti) and then three nights down in Val d'Orica. (Siena, Montalcino, Creti Senese & Montepulciano).

Buon Viaggio

Donna Denise

Share and Bookmark!