where to stay in Tuscany when driving from Rome to Tuscany to Venice

lauriejb

My husband and I and our 16 year old daughter will be driving from Rome to Tuscany (for two nights) and then to Venice. We would like to stay in two different towns, and would like the second place to be in the direction toward Venice to make the trip to Venice a bit quicker.
I would welcome thoughts about which towns we should see and stay in and accomodations which would allow us to stay for one night each.
Thank you.

places to stay

Buongiorno,

Instead of looking for small, off the beat towns, I suggest you stay in Siena and then Florence. Florence is about as close as you get to being near the main highway which will take you to Venice.

The drive between Florence and Siena is short - but you can use this to your advantage because it will give you time to visit both towns (definitely an experience to not miss) or you can drive through Chianti for some breath taking views.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Thank you Donna,
After Venice, we intend to take a train to Florence for three days, so I was thinking that it would be fun to visit a couple of small towns on the way from Rome to Venice. Do you have recommendations?

Buongiorno,

Instead of looking for small, off the beat towns, I suggest you stay in Siena and then Florence. Florence is about as close as you get to being near the main highway which will take you to Venice.

The drive between Florence and Siena is short - but you can use this to your advantage because it will give you time to visit both towns (definitely an experience to not miss) or you can drive through Chianti for some breath taking views.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise