Romantic holiday in Tuscany

matthewces

hi there im from malta and I just booked a flight to Pisa for next march (12 till 19). I'm giving this holiday as a gift to my girlfriend and i need some help on what to do and were to stay. I wanted to split my stay in tuscany between two places, maybe spend 4 days accomodation in florence and the other 3 days in another place. I want to visit sienna and san gimignano for sure. What is the most romantic place to stay (accomodation) other than florence? please help i want this holiday to be perfect :)

A week in Tuscany as a special gift

Dear Matthew,

I think that your girlfriend would love her gift :D

In 7 days you have time to visit and to do several things in Tuscany, as well as enjoying a bit of Dolce Vita with your girlfriend.
The itinerary you'll plan certainly depends on the fact of having or not a car. Do you intend to rent a car? or do you think to use train and buses?
Aside from main cities such as Florence, other destinations aren't greatly connected by public transports (you can get most everywhere by train but there are some areas where you can't). For example traveling around by bus in Chianti can be a real challenge because of the schedules but also because of difficult and rare connections from one destination to the other. But I don't want to discourage you, so we will think at it when you'll answer my question. ;)

In Florence I definitely recommend you stay at Villa Antea, a romantic B&B in Florence. Its a luxury bed and breakfast that offers elegantly furnished rooms with antiques and precious fabrics, set in a 19th century villa surrounded by a relaxing garden. I personally think it's the ideal accommodation for a romantic stay in Florence!

Then about your stay in another part of Tuscany I would suggest Chianti and/or Val d'Orcia. Both areas in Tuscany are renown for their great wine and their breathtaking landscapes. In Chianti I recommend Romitorio di Serelle, a former hermitage turned into lovely farmhouse apartments in Chianti. It's strategically located between Florence and Siena, in the middle of Chianti and it's surrounded by olive groves and vineyards. It offers comfortable and delightful apartments.

In Val D'Orcia I recommend Podere Cunina, a beautiful agriturismo in Buonconvento. It offers comfortable apartments surrounded by a stunning landscape.

I strongly suggest you read this thread about a trip to Tuscany organized by a lovely wife to share with her adored husband ;) and this article suggesting a 7 days itinerary in Tuscany.

I hope these suggestions helped you. I will look forward to hearing from you soon :)

i won't be renting a car :( i hope it doesn't effect the trip :( so you suggest staying in chianti instead of st. gimignano?

Hello matthewces,

Since you won't have a car, I suggest you carefully plan your trip and pay a lot of attention to the schedule of public transportation.

In view of this, my recommendations would instead be to split your stay in two between Florence and Siena. Plan on 4 nights in Florence from where it is easier to move around and organize day trips to other destinations into the area of Chianti closest to Florence, while 3 days in Siena will make it easier to visit San Gimignano, the Chianti closer to Siena and the southern area of Valdorcia - all on day trips from both cities.

If you split your stay between these two destinations, it will be much easier for you and your girlfriend to move around Tuscany without a car by just using public transportation.

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions :)

Hey, that gave me some inspiration, I promissed my wife a trip to Italy next year in the summer... Women always love trips to italy but not for the wine or food... Of course because of the shoes!!!

Valentina i gave her the gift and she loved it. We both wish you and your loved ones a very merry christmas and a happy new year :) thanks for all the help.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's to you as well!!

Glad to hear she loved the gift, couldn't have been otherwise with all the planning and love given to coming up with the perfect gift :)

Vinny - shoes might have something to do with it, but the food and wine certainly are major factors as well. Romantic dinners are pretty high up there with any vacation to Italy :)

what's your itinerary? I hope you cna share it with us so we can get ideas too. thanks. I'm planning to go on a trip with my wife. And this is one of the options. But we'r still deciding though. thanks ahead

I found a nine day itinerary in the forum. I hope I can check on yours too. To know which places would be the best to go. thank you.