www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wedding planning and costs

Default makeup artist help

sjconrad did you have any luck booking one of those makeup artists? I have contacted all of them except Samantha Hairstyle, where did you find her? But in general I have found it to be pretty expensive, around 500euro for bridal hair and makeup. Does anyone have any other suggestions for makeup artists in or around tuscany?

Thanks

immy.

Where are you getting married? If you let me know a region / area, I might be able to help you locate someone who won't cost the earth.

Default Hairdresser now!

Hi.

We are getting married the 5th of September close to Siena and are getting frustrated with the prices. There must be someone who could just set up the hair of the bride and two bridesmaids for a "normal" price? Who can we contact? Running out of time!!!

Thank you.
    Andreas

Hello
    PLease don't get too worried about this. I know some hair stylists in Tuscany, but I don't know of any 'economical' ones in the Siena region. My advice is this; wait until you arrive and book yourself into a local salon, tell them it's for a party and not a wedding (as that might crank the price up). Make sure you take photos of what you want in case there's a communication / language problem and I'm pretty sure you'l get what you want at a fraction of the cost. There are hairdressers in every town in Italy.
    Good luck.

Default Caterers

Quote Originally Posted by HitchedinItaly View Post
    Hi FutureFueter

I've used caterers in the past and you're right, then can be pricey. Have you considered asking a local restaurant or trattoria to cater for your wedding? This will drive the costs right down and if it's a restaurant you know well, you know the quality will be there.
    I do have a good recommendation for a caterer, they're based up in Prato, but I imagine they travel all over the region. Let me know!
    Hi, I really would have liked if a local restaurant could be able to cater for my upcoming wedding, next year in september (Somewhere in Tuscany). Though I do not know the quality of the restaurants, and I enjoy more fun food than tomato with mozzarella (which seems to be standard). Lots of the menus sounds good, but somewhat boring when you can have it whenever at home.
    Any suggestions?
    PS. Love red wine.

Quote Originally Posted by fishbowl View Post
    Hi, I really would have liked if a local restaurant could be able to cater for my upcoming wedding, next year in september (Somewhere in Tuscany). Though I do not know the quality of the restaurants, and I enjoy more fun food than tomato with mozzarella (which seems to be standard). Lots of the menus sounds good, but somewhat boring when you can have it whenever at home.
    Any suggestions?
    PS. Love red wine.
    A local restaurant is more likely to provide you with regional and seasonal dishes and I imagine quite more substantial menus than Insalata Caprese. Depending on where you are getting married, I may be able to recommend a local restaurant, although Tuscany is a big place, so I don't know it all!

Default so not sure

Thank you for your reply.
    We haven't decided on the destination, because we haven't found accommodation that suits our needs. I'm very open for suggestions in that department too maybe we will choose the location based on the local food and wine, because we all love good food.
    Is it possible to rent a chef or something? And do local restaurants who could cater have a website?

Thank you all in advance.

It IS possible to rent a chef - and there are many restaurants that do have websites that will specifically say they will cater. But NOT ALL OF THEM do this, so there is really a lot of information missing from the web. That is where a wedding planner can come in handy -- just the right connections and knowledge across the whole Tuscan region. Don't assume that you need to hire a planner to handle everything, the planners can offer services as consultants as well and give you more information than we have ourselves. Including pointing you out to the areas or places to consider.
    Take a look on this page: http://www.discovertuscany.com/weddings-in-tuscany/
    I would recommend considering asking Cindy Salgado for some information - I think she can be of great help as she generally also just points people in the right direction, if that is all you need.
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Share and Bookmark!