www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Day Trip to Pisa & Cinque Terre

You're welcome, glad to be of help and share what I know. I've always found Venice busy, never gone in Carnival time so can only imagine it is much worse... but it is still fun to go and see it, no matter what. So I agree, just find something suitable for your budget and make the most of it while you're here! ;-)

If you have any other questions as you're planning, just let us know and we'll see if we can help.
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Yes, I guess there is one more thing I am interested in getting information about, and I have started researching online. I would like to know about evening concerts like symphony, opera, or ballet in Florence. Is it true that the music and opera season is October to April? If so, then I am out of luck. If you can steer me in the right direction, perhaps I can find an evening activity or theatre. Thanks!

For example, here is something of interest, but I am having difficulty seeing dates and other information. Perhaps it is sold out, it only shows one price/one seating area. This is interesting, as it is not expensive, and this is a wonderful piece by Mozart! This like this, I need a little help with! http://www.operadifirenze.it/events/mozarts-requiem/#

You won't have any problems in finding evening events, from music to theater to concerts in September... just not from the Maggio Musicale Fiorentino (opera house) as they do have the main program run from November through April, another set of programming goes from May through July... and then they rest.

There are other companies and places in Florence that organize programs, and September is still pretty busy.... just, at the moment, not many programs have been released yet. So to have a better idea of what is going on, you'll have to wait until at least next June or July, when the full summer schedules are published and we can see what carries on to September. Keep in mind that there are also many other "food" related events that often take place on the weekends, not just in Florence or Tuscany but all over Italy. Those are also not that well publicized that much ahead of time either.
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Ok, so I lucked out and found the one theatre that won't have performances while I am in Florence! Of course, I understand that the schedules for a year from now would not yet be published; it's the same at venues here in the States. I just will keep researching, looking for theatres or venues in Florence that do have performances in the evenings, such as opera, symphony, chamber music, ballet, or a good concert like Josh Groban or Andrea Bocelli! I would love to see conductor Andrea Battistoni - he is SO YOUNG! Amazing! And what a resume! I'll keep working on it and watch schedules in the future; in the meantime, if you are so inclined, perhaps you can provide names of venues around the city that have these types of programs! Otherwise, thanks again, Lourdes!

Default Need Venue Suggestions

Hi, Lourdes, to continue previous conversation, can you name a few venues in Florence that I can watch schedules for? I found Odeon Theater but that's movies, right? I found Church of Santa Maria de' Ricci, but that's recorded organ music, right? I found Orchestra della Toscana, but they seem to not schedule after May? I found St. Mark's English Church but I don't prefer to walk to Oltrarno at night. /???? Thanks for any help! ~Karen

Default Activities in the Theater

Buongiorno,

Here is another link with activities from may to July at the Museum Bargello - this makes for an awesome setting:

http://www.teatrodellapergola.com/es...ggio-5-luglio/

Buon Viaggio

Default Santo Spirito

Hi, I have spent hours online, emailed the Santo Spirito church (at email address on website, twice, no reply) and a friend called them (phone number listed on website not working). I see that tickets for a specific performance can be purchased at the church on the evening of the performance, but I was trying to find out if there is any way to get a ticket before the day, either in person or online. I will be in Florence for a few days before the day of the concert I want to see. Anyone know if there is any way to get tickets ahead, or do I have to go to the box office at the church in person at 6:00 pm when they open? Thanks!

Default Oops!

Oops, I meant Santo Stefano al Ponte!~

Can anyone tell me what to do in tuscany?

Share and Bookmark!