www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Day Trip to Pisa & Cinque Terre

Question Day Trip to Pisa & Cinque Terre

In planning my trip to Italy, while I will be in Tuscany I want to do a day trip to Pisa. I found one company that offers a day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre, which I thought would be a special experience! I wonder if there are other/many tour companies that offer this same day trip? Can anyone help? Thanks.

Thanks! That's the only one I had found, and had been wondering if there are any others. I also have learned that this is apparently quite a long drive from Florence, so maybe not a good idea!

Cinque Terre from Florence can be done, but as it does take some time to get there, it is best to give it a whole day. Just plan a long day too.

You can do a small or bigger group tour, which makes it easier to deal with transport (faster than the train):
    http://www.partner.viator.com/en/835...519-6367CINQUE

http://www.partner.viator.com/en/835...d519-2635FLRCT

Alternatively, go to Pisa at the end of the time you are spending in Tuscany, spend the afternoon and night there and from there go to CT - http://www.partner.viator.com/en/835...20-6693CINQUET
    It takes less to get there, so you spend more time in CT. This can also be done on your own, by train (from Pisa to La Spezia, then the local train to one of the towns in CT).

You can also do CT as you're leaving Tuscany, so that you can spend a night there and not have to "backtrack" back to Florence ;-).
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

HI, thanks so much for weighing in - I have noticed that you are the Italy expert in this forum! These are all excellent alternatives to the tour I found - and now I am thinking of doing Cinque Terre tour only, and maybe doing Pisa another day - from Florence there are 1/2 day trips to Pisa, which might work better. Now I have better options to consider. Yes, I can do it on my own, but since I travel alone and do everything else on my own, and this trip will encompass Rome, Venice and Tuscany/Florence, it'd be nice to have someone in charge of all these little day tour details. A long day is fine; in Paris I did a trip to Mont St. Michel, which was four hours each way, so not a problem! Thanks again, this is great info!

You're welcome! If you do have the time, I'd do a whole long day in CT and a half day in Pisa - you can get more ideas of things to try with a few other people here:
    http://www.partner.viator.com/en/8357/

I've heard the cooking classes and wine tasting tours are actually very nice - and you haven't said WHEN you'll be here... because if it is in low season, you can enjoy the organized tours with less people ;-)
    CT is great in April/May and Sept/October - it really does get warm in the summer as there is no shade anywhere unless you relax under a sun umbrella on the beach in Monterosso or at a restaurant during a meal
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Thanks for excellent resources! I had thought more about it all and decided, as you had mentioned, that a 1/2 day tour/trip to Pisa and a long one-day tour to CT would be good - adds a day to my stay in Florence, but, since I don't anticipate returning to Italy after one trip (any repeats to EU would be to Paris!) I thought, why not add the day and get to see CT, a most beautiful place to visit, and so close! I am thinking of Sept. 2015 - yes, a long time from now, but, I am female, travel alone, and try to plan sufficiently that I feel secure knowing where everything is and how to get there! I want to do Rome, Tuscany/Florence, and Venice in one trip. It's a LOT to research and plan, and I don't like to rush because it's VACATION, so it's starting to look like two weeks. So, I need to be able to book flight and apartment rentals ahead of time, and coordinating in three cities will be interesting. These two tours wouldn't be rushing, just adding more fun!

Two weeks for Italy sounds perfect! It will give you the time to definitely soak in the atmosphere, enjoy the food and wine and relax as it is vacation .

I suggest at least 3-4 days in Rome, 3 days in Venice... and the rest divided between 3 days in Florence and the rest for the rest of Tuscany, where you can fit in Pisa and CT for sure, and on different days so you can really enjoy them. You can use Florence as a base for the Tuscany part too, as many tours leave from Florence.. or divide it up between Florence and somewhere else. You must also visit Siena and San Gimignano, both are easy to get with bus from Florence. For accommodation, you can start browsing through www.florenceaccommodation.com to just see what is available. September is a great month to visit, you'll love Tuscany and all of Italy at that time. If you have any other questions, just post!

Yes, currently my plan is to arrive in Rome, and spend 3-4 days there, then train to Florence. I would like to be in Florence on Sept. 7, in time for the Festa di Rifficolona (Lantern Festival) - I think that sounds wonderful and it looks beautiful! I have marked several apartments to rent that I will try and coordinate later. Three major cities and timing and accommodations for all isn't easy! But, I enjoy the research and planning and familiarizing myself with the areas I travel to. And, like I said before, it provides me with a secure feeling. I think Florence will take 2-3 days PLUS the side trips to Pisa and CT; I don't want to add Siena unless it's included with Pisa, because I don't ever like to feel as though I crammed too much into too little time. I like to build in extra down time for relaxing, or a nap! or adding little last-minute things to do if I am inclined! Then train to Venice and I think two days there, then train to airport and fly back to the U.S. By the way, on that note, what airport would I use to return from Venice to the U.S.? It seems Milan may be the only international airport in that area?

Hi, Lourdes, do you know if there is a good route to walk directly between the Boboli Gardens and Piazzale Michelangelo? I cannot see anything direct on any map. Or maybe there is a bus? Thanks!

Share and Bookmark!