www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding ceremony booking advice - please help

Default Wedding ceremony booking advice - please help

Hi. Hoping someone can lend some assistance please.

I have had a read through a lot of past forum threads in here and found a lot of info on weddings in florence and related bits on wedding planners etc. that is helpful. So thank you to everyone for sharing.

But I'm still trying to arrange things without a planner, from Australia, but may have hit a wall!
    I have completed a lot of the leg work in relation to documents and paperwork required for the civil wedding ceremony at the town hall in florence that my partner and I are planning for October, this year.

We waited till now because everywhere I read, it says to book (in person or on the phone) within 6 months of requested date only. I am now up to booking the actual ceremony time, in la sala rossa, and tonight i tried to call the city of florence wedding office, on each of the four phone numbers provided on the website:

http://centroservizi.lineacomune.it/...oreigners.html

But I wasn't able to speak to anyone in English. I was wondering how others have managed to get past this stage, and if I do actually need to contact a wedding planner to help book my wedding ceremony in.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to your advice.
    From Cherie

Ciao Cherie,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! And kudos to you for doing everything from afar!

Trying to understand the problem you ran up against: you WERE able to talk to someone at those numbers, just not someone who actually spoke English?! Or none of the numbers were picking up?

If all you need is someone who speaks Italian to call and book the appointment, you can certainly ask the help of a wedding planner who likely knows all the people who work there. If not, I volunteer to call for you, not a problem, but I'm not an expert and don't know exactly what they will ask ahead of time... I would definitely need to get some info from you. If language is the problem, I'll send you a private message so we can communicate offline ;-)
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Hi Lourdes,

Thanks for the kind words and for such a quick response

So I tried one of the numbers a few times, last week... No answer, then yesterday two of the numbers worked, so I was able to get through, but the woman on the other end just wasn't able to help me in English!

I wanted to know if the booking definitely does need to be made over the phone, and if so, if others have encountered the same issue.

Your offer of assistance is amazing and I would love to accept. Yes please, can you get in touch with me through a private message? Look forward to hearing from you.
    Kind Regards,
    Cherie

No one has ever posted about having had this problem before, maybe the person on staff that does speak English was out the day you called and they were unable to tell you this. Otherwise, I am thinking other people would have posted/complained about it before.... of course, if many people depend on wedding planners, that could be the reason why they didn't encounter this small challenge along the way!

I've sent you an email, as I just remembered I don't have PM active on my profile. When I did at first, many people were sending me private messages for all of their questions about their itineraries and then whatever I ended up replying could not be of any use to everyone else... so the only way to "reach" me now is to post on the forum! Don't worry, I do see all posts but sometimes get behind in answering all of the questions!
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

In any case, for anyone else who runs into this problem or is looking for a great wedding planner, I recommend Cindy Salgado - read more about her in my review here:
    http://www.discovertuscany.com/weddi...xperience.html

Lourdes, thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
    I am so appreciative of your assistance, and research and time.

I have never heard of this problem either. I will also happily help with this if you still require some assistance.

I called and Claire has her dates set up!

It is crazy but the Florence Civil wedding office confirmed they have no one on staff that speaks English. They often have contacts with wedding planners is how they explained it...... but I suppose they don't realize that if they did have someone who spoke English then maybe people wouldn't have need of the planners just for that?

Hi 'hitchedinitaly' thank you so much for your response to my query, and thank you for your offer of assistance. Its really generous.
    Lourdes has proven so helpful and was able to help already by speaking to the town hall office in Italian, for me.
    I do find it strange that it hasn't come up before now, but maybe it's not as popular as I thought!

Florence is super popular for weddings!

I just think that most people just start from the very beginning with a planner helping them locally so they never realize it is one of the problems they can encounter. You are courageous doing in on your own from afar, as Italy is super bureaucratic, even for Italians themselves!!

Share and Bookmark!