Thread: Cecina recipe

Default Cecina recipe

I'm searching for the recipe of the cecina, a sort of soft bread made with garbanzo bean flour. I tasted it in Pisa and it was great!

Can anyone help me?

Florence, Italy

Default cecina is simple to make

Yum! I love cecina, it is a really delicious treat often found along the Tuscan coast such as in Pisa and Viareggio.
    It looks like a low plain pizza crust, it is made from chickpea flour, oil and water, plus salt and pepper to season and is really easy to make.
    Eat it by itself or sandwiched between two slices of soft fresh bread for a light lunch .
    It is best eaten soon after it comes out of the oven since it loses its crisp crunchiness later on.
    Here is the recipe and some pictures of when I recently made cecina at home: Cecina recipe at Tuscan Recipes

If you're back in Tuscany soon - or for anyone else interested in getting some of the best cecina I've ever had - head to Pisa and the Il Montino pizzeria on Via del Monte. The cecina is so popular you often find a line!
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

A lot of people love cecina. Me and my family love this one. Thanks for posting good tutorial recipe.

Share and Bookmark!