Two families - 5 kids - where to stay?

Familyof5

Hi All,

I'm looking for guidance on a place to stay in Tuscany that is convenient for two families with 5 kids combined - ages 4 through 8. We would prefer having the place to ourselves. A kitchen is a must since we plan on making our meals there. We would like to be close enough to walk to a village, but we will have 2 cars so it is not necessary. On our wish list is being close enough to at least visit Pisa and Florence so in that general area would be nice. The main point of the trip is to spend time together, enjoying good food and wine. Has anyone stayed in a villa or agriturismo with another family? Any other advice?

Thanks!

Chianti is an ideal central area for your Tuscan vacation

Ciao Family of 5! So with the adults you'll be a total of 9 right? There are some villas that would be perfect for your group if you do want the whole property to yourselves - take a look at

- http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/cabbiavoli.html - it has a separate villa as well as several farmhouses divided into apartments - the villa is a bit big, but if you look at the Yellow Barn and the Orange Barn, they are a whole house divided into two apartaments. With your two families divided in the two apartments, you'd have the entire structure to yourselves. Castelfiorentino is not far away.
- http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/residenza-le-sante-marie.html
This is a house really close to Florence and Impruneta. You could also get the two apartments and get the entire house for yourselves.
- http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/borgo-della-meliana.html
This large estate has apartments as well as separate house and freestanding villa (s. Adele) that would be perfect for your group. The living room in each has sofa beds.

Keep in mind many farmhouses divided into apartments in any case offer independent/separate entrances into each apartment, as well as a part of the garden that is reserved for each apartment. So even if there are other groups present, you have your own independence. Generally, the pool and other common areas are the only ones shared - for example, if they have a childrens play area or games room.

All of these are in Chianti, which I think would be the best area to be close to Florence and Pisa for your day trips as well as being surrounded by great villages with restaurants where you can also enjoy good food and wine when you do choose to eat out.

Take a look at the ones above and others on that site, if you have any questions about any, feel free to ask! The site has links to the official websites so you get in touch with each property and get direct contact with the owners.

Enjoy planning your trip! :)

Thank you so much for the info! These all look great and the Chianti region seems perfect.

I've contacted all those places to see about availability so I will let you know which one we end up using! Finding a place for 9 is difficult over the Internet.

Thanks for the inside scoop!

You're very welcome! I hope you find the right place for your families shortly - and if you need a few more recommendations, let me know and I'll see what else might work!! In the meantime, enjoy the trip planning :)